The Transpher A Study: A Phase 1/2 Clinical Trial of ABO-102
Is my child eligible to participate in the study?
- Diagnosis of MPS IIIA
- Age 6 months to 2 years or children older than 2 years with a minimum cognitive Developmental Quotient (DQ) of 60 or above
What will be required of patients and their families?
- Up to two screening visits.
- A treatment visit, once eligibility is confirmed. Patients will be admitted to the hospital for gene transfer and will stay for approximately 48 hours for observation.
- Patients and their caregiver(s) will be required to stay near the clinical site for 30 days after gene therapy is administered.
- After gene transfer, a total of nine follow up visits will take place at the clinical site, with the last visit occurring 24 months after gene transfer.
- Home visits for collection of blood in between the follow-up visits to the clinical site.
- Additional visits may be required for eligible patients receiving long-term follow-up care.
- Frequently Asked Questions.
About the Study
Sanfilippo syndrome type A, or MPS IIIA, is caused by a build-up of toxic sugars called glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) because of a mutation in the gene encoding the SGSH enzyme. The study involves a one-time intravenous administration of ABO-102 using an adeno-associated virus vector 9 (AAV9) to deliver a normal copy of the SGSH gene. The delivery of the normal SGSH gene may allow cells to produce the SGSH enzyme responsible for breaking down GAGs. After treatment, patients are followed for 24 months to assess safety and efficacy.
For more information about enrolling in The Transpher A Study, contact us at email@example.com.
Locations & Contacts
Nationwide Children's Hospital
Federica Rinaldi, PhD: firstname.lastname@example.org
Women's and Children's Hospital
North Adelaide, South Australia
Louise Jaensch: email@example.com
Hospital Clínico Universitario de Santiago
The safety and efficacy of the investigational use of this product has not been determined. There is no guarantee that the investigational use listed will be filed with and/or approved for marketing by a regulatory agency.